just kidding. I don't know how I got it but the rock climbing is a much more interesting story. I have had to wear a stiff boot on my foot for the last month and it is still only feeling slightly better. I am hoping that I can keep off of it more during the holiday break to allow it to heal.
So because of this lovely accessory I have had on lately, my Christmas activities have been cut down to a pathetic amount. We have a tree with some lights and some random ornaments the kids pulled out of the boxes in the garage. Most of them have now been relocated to a height above 3 feet. I put the stockings up and a few other Christmasy items but there are no cookies, no candy, no presents for people outside the family, no fun holiday crafts and only the rare cup of hot cocoa. It really is depressing. I am hoping to make up some Christmas fun when my sister comes to visit by making graham cracker houses, a festive birthday cake for Logan and doing some after-Christmas shopping.
So to catch up on the last month or so, here a few pictures. These were the only pictures I have that were taken between now and Halloween.

Noelle and Wyatt making a TV out of a cardboard box. Against my better judgment I let them use the permanent markers at the table. Lo and behold, there were several nice marks on the table when they were done. But thanks to the nice coat of lacquer my father-in-law applied to the table and the wonderful Magic Eraser, the marks disappeared!!
My only true thumb sucker! So cute!
Logan is currently getting potty trained. At 22 months he started waking up dry in the morning!! I thought, I better jump on this development before he forgets how to do that. It is a little slow going but mostly I think because we are so busy and don't have time to allow for "accidents". I am hoping over this break where we don't have to rush out of the house 3 times a day, we can work on it more.
Here is our traditional "gourd family". I drew the initial faces and Noelle "embellished" them. This year the gourds came out of our own backyard. Don't give me too much credit for it though. We never pulled out the zucchini plants last year and just let them rot back into the ground and these are what came up this year. Maybe if we repeat the process, we will get the zucchini back next year. If anyone has any insights into why zucchini plants rot and turn into gourds, I would be happy to hear your thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment